Run Yorks / Humber in Leeds – leaders required!
LEAD THE WAY FOR LEEDS! - Become a Leader in Running Fitness
Through a partnership with Leeds Athletics Network, Leeds City Council and West Yorkshire Sport there is an opportunity to be involved in a national project aimed at getting people into running!
We are looking at setting up 50 new running groups across Leeds for beginners. Groups can be set up anywhere for anyone!
To make this happen we are looking for leaders to run 3 or more* weekly running groups, starting in April 2012.
· FREE Leader In Running Fitness Course (worth £90) includes Insurance: ALL THE TRAINING NEEDED TO START A GROUP!
· £50 expenses per group
· Potential income from charging £1 to £2 per person
· Promotional materials provided
· Groups identified for you should you not have any local people/areas in mind
· Be part of the Olympic Legacy programme as a Sports Maker and receive a FREE adidas T-shirt & Bag
· Be part of a national campaign which will include press releases and much more!….
REMEMBER: You don’t need to be an expert or a high performing runner to start a beginners running group!
There is a Leaders course is on Sat 17th March**, 08:45am-5:00pm @ John Charles Centre for Sport (Grandstand Suite).
The address for John Charles is Middleton Grove, Leeds, LS11 5DJ. At the mini roundabout, turn right into the overflow car park. Then make your way to the main stadium building. Note that the car park in front of the stadium has a 3-hour time limit.
Here are details of how to apply for a CRB and here is the Course Application form (please download this, fill it in, and bring it with you to the course). Please also bring your passport photo and your cheque (if you’ve not already sent it).
You may know local people/groups that would be interested and are just waiting for someone like YOU to get it started?!! E.g. Weight watchers groups/ Mums & Toddlers groups/ Leisure Centre members/ work colleagues!
* NB if you are only able to run 1 or 2 groups, please make contact anyway
** NB if you can’t get to the course on 17 March, please make contact anyway