Run Yorkshire (and Humber) in Leeds – leaders required!
LEAD THE WAY FOR LEEDS! - Become a Leader in Running Fitness
Through a partnership with Leeds Athletics Network, Leeds City Council and West Yorkshire Sport there is an opportunity to be involved in a national project aimed at getting people into running!
We are looking at setting up 50 new running groups across Leeds for beginners. Groups can be set up anywhere for anyone!
To make this happen we are looking for leaders to 1 or more weekly running groups.
· 60% off Leader In Running Fitness (LiRF) Course (list price £110, you pay £45) – a one day course
· LiRF qualification gives you all the training needed to start a group and includes insurance
· Potential income from charging up to £3 per person per session or up to £20 for 10 sessions.
· Free CRB
· Local co-ordinator to support you set up your group
· Promotional materials provided
· A5 Flyers & A4 posters to promote your group
· 100 Business Cards with your contacts
· Contacts with Leeds City Council Leisure Centres if you want to set up groups from there (LCC offer a reduced rate for use of showers)
· Network of local group leaders for advice and support, and facebook page specifically for leaders
· Be part of the Olympic Legacy programme as a Sports Maker and receive a FREE adidas T-shirt & Bag
· Be part of a national campaign which will include press releases and much more!….
· Opportunities to promote at local events e.g. Leeds Loves Sport, Breeze, Olympic torch relay
· Recruitment bonus - £5 per first 10 members registered and “qualifying”, £3 per member thereafter
· NB a qualifying member must run 7 or more sessions in 10 weeks
REMEMBER: You don’t need to be an athletics expert or a high performing runner to start a beginners running group!
Courses are being run in various locations in West Yorkshire all through the summer. Contact us and we can offer you a choice of locations and dates.
There is some paperwork to be completed but we can guide you through this. Here are some sample Joining Instructions and here is a standard Course Timetable. Unless you already have a CRB through England Athletics, you will need to apply for one – here are details of how to apply for a CRB . Here is the Course Application form .
You may know local people/groups that would be interested and are just waiting for someone like YOU to get it started?!! E.g. Weight watchers groups/ Mums & Toddlers groups/ Leisure Centre members/ work colleagues! But if you don’t have anyone specific in mind, we can help by identifying locations and with local advertising.
If you’re unsure, why not visit 2 or 3 existing groups local to you and see what they do! Contact the leader and say you are a prospective new leader and you’ll be made welcome.