Coach and Athlete Workshops
The Leeds Athletics Network will be providing a set of Coach and Athlete Workshops during 2012.
These are intended for
· coaching assistants,
· athletes who want to get onto the coaching path,
· athletes who want to pass on their experience to fellow club members, and
· athletes who want to improve their own performance.
There must be more than 1000 runners in Leeds who fall into one or more of these categories.
These will cover topics such as Injury Prevention, Nutrition and Strength & Conditioning.
Strength & Conditioning / Plyometrics – Andy Cook
Andy Cook is running Strength & Conditioning / Plyometrics sessions at Priesthorpe 7pm-8pm Wednesday evenings. £3 per session or £25 for 10 sessions. Click on link to PDF. Email Andy firstname.lastname@example.org if you want more information
Drills and Injury Prevention Workshops – Carnegie Physiotherapists
Carnegie Sports Physiotherapy Clinic are providing some Drills workshops and some Injury Prevention workshops.
The next workshop is Drills on Wednesday 23 May at 8pm. Meet in the foyer of the Indoor Sports Centre. The session will be on the track, come prepared to run but bring several layers of clothes as there will be some stopping and starting.
The cost is £8, £4 to be paid at reception for use of the track and £4 to someone collecting money at the session. Please use the link at the bottom of the page to book
See a short video of Richard Strachan, GBR 400metre runner, demonstrating drills http://www.carnegiesportsphysiotherapyclinic.co.uk/
How to get there
· Link to small scale map of Headingley
· Link to map for parking follow the red dotted line and note that Indoor Sports Centre is immediately opposite the car park at the end of the red dotted line
· Or try these instructions from CSPC website
Click here for reviews of recent Drills & Injury Prevention workshops
Click here to book on a workshop
NB If you need to cancel a place, click here
For list of bookings, click here